Traditional Irish music is at its best in a good warmhearted session and that is what you can hear on this recording. Accordion player Mick Mulcahy, originally from Brosna, now living in Abbeyfeale, has a comfortable and stylish way of musicmaking. Together with old friend, Mel Mercier, he gives us sixteen tracks of his spirited, homely music.
1) Woman of the House - Mrs Crotty’s - Craig’s Pipes.
2) Sean Ryan’s - Charlie Mulvihill’s.
3) The Ballaghaderreen Fair - The Cow on the Bonnet.
4) Caislean an Oir - The Cameron Highlanders.
5) Mulvihill’s - The Boys of Tandrage.
6) Julia Cliffords - The Knocknagree Polka.
7) McDermott’s - Harris’s Reel.
8) The Mist Covered Mountain - Willie Clancy’s.
9) Castlekelly - Sporting Nell - The Cooraclare Reel.
10) The Creel of Turf - Whelan’s.
11) The Mountain Top - Tomin O’Dea’s - Farewell to Cranny.
12) Cronin’s - Behind the Bush in the Garden.
13) Noonday Feast - Smash the Windows.
14) The Sliabh Luachra Set.
15) Devanney’s Goat - The Virginian Reel.
16) Hughie Traver’s - The Trip to Clarina.