Since the release of his debut solo recording “Pure Piping” he has been busy with other musical projects and has kept putting off returning to the studio.
This CD is different to his first one in that he has included some newly composed tunes including two of his own. He has also used some accompaniment to widen the appeal of his music to a greater audience. The use of the Concert Flute and Cello also makes an interesting sound along with the Uilleann Pipes.
He has matured as a piper and has consolidated his own style of piping to make “Up, Down and Around” a CD worthy of critical acclaim.
1) The Night of the Fair - Leaving the Nest - Padhraic O'Keefe's
2) The Cameronian - The Mullingar Races - The Drunken Landlady
3) Planxty Brigid Maxwell - The Maid of Bearna Lodge
5) The Walls of Liscarroll - Calliope House - Coleman's Cross
6) The Battle of Aughrim - The Haughs of Cromdale - O'Neill's Cavalcade - The Pikeman
7) Far Away
8) The Glen of Aherlow - The Merry Sisters - The Morning Dew
9) Lament for Limerick
10) Tomorrow Morning - Te Cloone Hornpipe - The Peacock's Feather
11) Larry's Way - The Blarney Pilgrim
12) Nora Criona
13) The New Mown Meadow - The Broken Pledge - The Flogging Reel
Leo Rickard: Uilleann Pipes.
Raphy Doyle: Guitar on tracks 2,3,5,8,11,13.
Lochlainn “Locko” Cullen: Bouzouki on tracks 2,3,5,8,11,13.
Julie Maisel: Concert flute on track 7.
Grainne Hope: Cello on tracks 7,12.
Ciara Maxwell: Uilleann Pipes on track 4.
Peter Eades: Assistant Producer and Engineer.
Mastered by Billy Farrell.
Jim Fitzpatrick: Artwork and Sleeve design.
Leo Rickard: Producer.