Back in Nov 2010 Zoë and John commissioned twelve leading Irish composers to each compose a piece for fiddle and guitar with the aim of collectively presenting a snapshot of traditional Irish music alive today.
The renowned composers who took part in the project were Liz Carroll, Steve Cooney, Frankie Gavin, Andy Irvine, Charlie Lennon, Donal Lunny, Máirtín O’Connor, Peadar Ó Riada, Mícheál Ó Súilleabhán, Tommy Peoples, Niall Vallely and Bill Whelan.
"They attacked their instruments with lightning strikes. It was,
without a doubt, a masterclass in musicianship. Every note, precise. Every stroke, with absolute conviction.Bravo." Irish Music Magazine
1. Liz Carroll - Heath & Bernies, Half Day Road - Reel for Jim DeWan
2. Peadar Ó Riada - Ríl Zoe
3. Frankie Gavin - Kilkenny Station - Lally's Fancy
4. Bill Whelan - April in Roundstone
5. Máirtín O ' Connor - Trip to Gort
6. Steve Cooney - Capaillín Dubh ina Thaibhreamh
7. Mícheál Ó Súilleabháin - Bóthar na Sop
8. Tommy Peoples - One for Sorrow, Two for Joy
9. Niall Vallely - Cathair Geal
10. Andy Irvine - Lago Puelo Jig - Twenty Two
11. Charlie Lennon - Moonbeams
12. Donal Lunny - New End