‘Traditional Irish Fiddle’ represents John’s love of solo and duet playing and features some new compositions and a variety of guest musicians.
This fine recording features both solo and duet playing of the finest quality. Accompaniment provided by John Blake, Paddy McEvoy & Mick Conneely.
Featuring Con McEvoy, Paudie O'Connor, Jacinta McEvoy, Gay McKeon, Catherine McEvoy, John Wynne and others....
1. Reels-Paddy the Piper/Master Henry’s Reel/The Sporting days of Easter
2. Jigs-The Squirrel’s Nest*/Mist on the Meadow (composed by John McEvoy)
3. Hornpipes-Munster Grass/Lad O’Beirne’s – (fiddles -Conor McEvoy)
4. Jigs-Tatter Jack Walsh/Come along with me
5. Reels-The Glentaun/The Templehill Reel/Captain Kelly’s (flute-Catherine McEvoy)
6. Jigs-Wellington’s Advance/Off to the Races (Concertina-Jacinta McEvoy)
7. Reels-The Boyne Mist/The Cave of the Cats (composed by John McEvoy)
8. Jigs-The Pilgrimage Jig/An Buachaillin Ban (Box-Paudie O’Connor)
9. Hornpipes-The Sandlark/Flee as a Bird
10. Reels-The Humours of Carrigaholt/ The Achonry Lasses/ The Hairy-chested Frog (Uilleann pipes-Gay McKeon)
11. Reels-The Bunch of Green Rushes/The Merry Sisters/The Whistler of Roslea
12. Reels-The Humours of Quilty/Irish Molly (Concertina-Jacinta McEvoy)
13. Reels-The Abbeyleix Reel/ The Laois County Reel
14. Reels-Brendan McGlinchey’s /Mrs Lawrie’s Reel (fiddles) 3:30
15. Reels-The Flat House/Maol Mountain/The Limestone Rock (fiddle, box, & flute (John Wynne)