This recording contains a selection of some of the finest dance music and song of north
Clare Tradition where it has remained the dominant feature of the social life of the
Featured on this recording are some of the best exponents of music with vocalist from
Doolin, Pádraig Vaughan, a man with a wealth of traditional songs.
From Lisdoonvarna we have Peter Griffin and Gus Arthur, on accordion and piano
respectively two men who are no strangers in music circles.
On concert flutes are Seamus and Michael Hynes from Smithstown who came from a
long line of traditional musicians. Michael Murphy from Ennistymon on fiddle, is a man
long associated with the legendary Tulla Céilíi Band.
Concertina player Chris Droney from Bellharbour is a man who needs no introduction,
several times All Ireland champion, Chris is one of the greats of that instrument, long
associated with County Clare.
1. FLOWER OF THE FLOCK / MRS CROTTY’S / LÁDD O’BEIRNE’S (REELS)
2. BRODERICK’S (JIG SELECTION)
3. BUNKER HILL / BRODERICK’S / LISTOWEL LASSIES (REELS)
4. SEAN RYAN’S / THE FRIENDLY VISIT (HORNPIPES)
5. REEL OF MULLINAVAT / SEAN RYAN’S / THE CHATTERING MAGPIE (REELS)
6. CONCERTINA SOLO (REELS) CHRIS DRONEY
7. THE LAKE NEAR KILLALOE (SONG) PÁDRAIG VAUGHAN
8. THE MOUNTAIN TOP SELECTION (REELS)
9. THE PIPER’S DESPAIR / THE COALMINER / THE MASTER’S RETURN (REELS)
10. FLUTE DUET: (REELS) SÉAMUS AND MICHAEL HYNES
11. DILLON’S / SHIPS ARE SAILING / MISS MCDONALD’S (REELS)
12. THE FLOWING TIDE / THE ECHO (HORNPIPES)
13. CLARE JIGS
14. CONCERTINA SOLO: (REELS) CHRIS DRONEY
15. THE SHORES OF LAKE MCNEAGH (SONG) PÁDRAIG VAUGHAN
16. FOUR COURTS FAVOURITES (REELS)
17. ANDERSON’S / THE TEMPLE HOUSE / THE BANSHEE (REELS)