RECEIVE 10% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER WHEN YOU SIGN UP TO OUR EMAIL LIST
Described by The Times as “thrilling. contemporary, and original… impressive and profoundly affecting”, Francis Pott’s writing provides a treasure-trove of astonishingly beautiful composition. Meditations & Remembrances is a new collection of choral and organ pieces of extraordinary tenderness and masterly technique.
Francis Pott began his musical life as a chorister at New College Oxford. He held open music scholarships at Winchester College and Magdalene College, Cambridge. Francis was appointed Administrative Head of Music at London College of Music and Media in 2001, subsequently becoming its Head of Composition and Research Development on Music, Media and Creative Technologies. He was also a member of Winchester Cathedral Choir under David Hill from 1991 until 2001. Francis remains an active pianist and accompanist, uniting both compositon and academic research.
Christ Church Cathedral Choir enjoys an enviable reputation as one of Ireland’s most outstanding choirs. Under the direction of Judy Martin, Director of Music at the cathedral, the present choir is a mixed ensemble of 20 adult singers. In addition to the full part it plays in the worship in the cathedral, the Cathedral Choir is active with concerts, tours and regular broadcasts.
1. Thee Will I Love
2. Hills of the North
3. I Love All Beauteous Things
4. Missa Aedis Christi: Kyrie
5. Tranquillo ma con moto from Six Short Pieces for Organ
6. Missa Aedis Christi: Gloria
7. Allegro Scherzando from Six Short Pieces for Organ
8. Missa Aedis Christi: Credo
9. Aria from Six Short Pieces for Organ
10. Allegro impetuoso from Six Short Pieces for Organ
11. Missa Aedis Christi: Sanctus
12. Missa Aedis Christi: Benedictus
13. Chorale from Six Short Pieces for Organ
14. Missa Aedis Christi: Agnus Dei
15. Quasi lento: teneramente from Six Short Pieces for Organ
16. This World, my God, is held within your hand
17. Haec Dies
18. A Maid Peerless
19. Sweetest of Sweets
20. O Holy City, seen of John