RECEIVE 10% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER WHEN YOU SIGN UP TO OUR EMAIL LIST
This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.
Add description and links to your promotion
Image caption appears here
Add your deal, information or promotional text
Sold Out €16.95 EUR
The Choral Scholars of University College Dublin and Artistic Director Desmond Earley follow up their debut release with a programme of new choral music inspired by the evocative imagery of the natural world in traditional Irish and Scottish folksong and poetry. The disc includes a number of world-premiere recordings of new works and arrangements commissioned by the choir.
The Choral Scholars of University College Dublin, under the artistic direction of Desmond Earley, is Ireland’s leading collegiate choral ensemble. With a large repertoire ranging from art to popular music, and stretching from the medieval to the contemporary in style, this choir gives many concerts throughout the academic year, both in Ireland and abroad.
This whole project exudes quality – Gramophone
Excellently sung – BBC Music Magazine
Earley [shapes] a sequence of traditional Irish settings with contemporary material, [and his] setting of ‘Danny Boy’ [is] quite beautiful – Choir & Organ
1. Dúlamán Trad. Irish, arr. Desmond
2. My Love is like a Red, Red Rose Trad. Scottish/Burns, arr. Esenvalds
3. Body of the Moon Desmond Earley
4. At that hour when all things have repose Timothy Stevens
5. The Maid of Culmore Trad. Irish, arr. Kevin Whyms
6. A Star Natasa Paulberg
7. Elegy Bill Whelan
8. Danny Boy Trad. Irish, arr. Desmond Earley
9. Oxen of the Sun Eoghan Desmond
10. Bó na Leathadhairce Trad. Irish, arr. Desmond Earley
11. Aimhirgín Ivo Antognini
12. Wild Mountain Thyme Eoin Conway
13. Strings in the Earth and Air Colin Mawby
Be the first to know about new releases, exclusive offers and special discounts.