RECEIVE 10% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER WHEN YOU SIGN UP TO OUR EMAIL LIST
Even by the high-water marks set by Herbie Hancock's tremendous 1960s Blue Note output, 1965's 'Maiden Voyage' remains one of the pinnacle artistic achievements of the great pianist's career. Hancock is joined here by his Miles Davis Quintet bandmates Ron Carter on bass and Tony Williams on drums, along with Freddie Hubbard on trumpet and George Coleman on tenor saxophone. The quintet embarks on an oceanic exploration of five original Hancock compositions, several of which have since become enduring standards of the jazz lexicon including the title track, 'Eye of the Hurricane,' and 'Dolphin Dance.'
1. Maiden Voyage - Herbie Hancock
2. Eye of the Hurricane - Herbie Hancock
3. Little One - Herbie Hancock
4. Survival of the Fittest - Herbie Hancock
5. Dolphin Dance - Herbie Hancock
Year of Production: 1965