RECEIVE 10% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER WHEN YOU SIGN UP TO OUR EMAIL LIST
First released in 1987, this classic album features music from Oirialla in County Louth and farther afield. It is now available on CD for the first time. The exquisite vocals of Eithne Ní Uallacháin are paired with the dynamic playing of Gerry O’Connor on fiddle and Desi Wilkinson on flute and tin whistle.
After the release of Cosa gan Bhróga in 1987, Gerry and Eithne went on to release Lá Lugh (1992), Brighid’s Kiss (1996) which was voted Album of the Year, and Senex Puer (1998). Gerry is a founding member of the group Skylark and has recorded four albums with them. Desi Wilkinson is recognised as one of our finest musicians, playing an emphatic style based on the Sligo-Leitrim tradition. Cosa gan Bhróga the auspicious debut album of all three artists, remains a testimony to their artistry and craft.
1. The Coachman's Whip, Paddy Carty's
2. The Shelf, Charlie O'Neill's
3. Is Fada mo Chosa gan Bhróga
4. Contentment Is Wealth, The Beer Drinker
5. Molly What Ails You?, The Monymusk, Neil Gow's
6. Ag Bruach Dhún Réimhe
7. The Pikeman's, Down The Glen
8. The Maid Of Mullagh, The Mohill
9. Bádaí na Scadán
10. Jim Coleman's, Paddy Cronin's, Scotch Mary
11. Neillí Nic Dhónaill
12. The Arkle Mountain, Considine's Grove