RECEIVE 10% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER WHEN YOU SIGN UP TO OUR EMAIL LIST
This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.
Add description and links to your promotion
Image caption appears here
Add your deal, information or promotional text
Harry was born in South Belfast in 1974, to a family that had no music in its background. At the age of 12 he started playing tin whistle, inspired to do so by the records of such groups as Planxty and the Bothy Band. Later he received further inspiration from local flute players such as Noel Lenihan, Michael Clarkson, Sam Murray and Brendan O'Hare. Delving deeper into traditional music's past, he discovered the great players of the 1920s - particularly John McKenna, Tom Morrison and fiddler James Morrison.
Recordings by contemporary flute-players such as Seamus Tansey and Desi Wilkinson played a further part in his musical formation.
In 1992 Harry received a bursary from the Northern Ireland Arts Council and moved to Galway City, where he took full advantage of the booming music scene and got the chance to play with practically everybody who passed through. He still lives in Galway and while there has done a lot of work for TG4, the country's Irish language television station. He has also toured with the groups Cran and Dervish and has played on Altan's album THE BLUE IDOL. Harry's debut album BAD TURNS and HORSE-SHOE BENDS was chosen as the best Traditional album of 2000 by Earle Hitchner in The Irish Echo
1. The Walls Of Liscarrol / The Castlebar Races
2. The Ballroom Favourite #2 / The Belle Of The Ball
3. The Tinker’s Stick / Within A Mile Of Dublin
4. Colonel Roger’s Favourite / John Henry’s
5. Jim Coleman’s / Spellan’s Fiddle
6. The Lillies In The Field / The Gatehouse Maid
7. The Kinnegad Slashers / An Port Ard
8. The Pretty Girl Milking Her Cow
9. Paddy Mills’ Fancy / The Lady On The Island
10. The Shaskeen / Bonnie Kate
11. The Ash Grove
12. The Old Maids Of Galway / My Mary Anne
13. My Love Is But A Lassie / Bonaparte Crossing The Rhine
14. If We Hadn’t Any Women In The World / Captain Kelly’s
15. The Lady Of The House / The Tailor’s Thimble
Be the first to know about new releases, exclusive offers and special discounts.