RECEIVE 10% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER WHEN YOU SIGN UP TO OUR EMAIL LIST
This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.
Add description and links to your promotion
Image caption appears here
Add your deal, information or promotional text
Sold Out €9.95 EUR
Claddagh Records are delighted to re-release one of the most celebrated fiddle albums of all-time back onto CD. Denis Murphy and Julia Clifford, brother and sister, are heirs to the fiddle tradition of Sliabh Luachra, the mountainous area on the Cork/Kerry border.
The album features just the two siblings' brilliant fiddles with no other accompaniment, and upon listening to the record you will realise nothing else is needed. Their dance music is music of the local sets but is played as much for the ear as for the feet, producing a range of emotions over the length of the record. Their airs are overpowering in their depth of feeling and for sheer traditional technique this is one of the best fiddle records ever made, with an equally as memorable album cover by celebrated French artist Catherine Folatre.
‘The Star Above The Garter’ has influenced traditional Irish fiddling since its release in 1969, still retaining the sense of that era whilst sounding innovative, and above all deserving to be heard.
1. Rathawaun / The Hare in the Corn
2. O'Mahony's / The Stack of Barley
3. The Morning Star / Rolling on the Ryegrass
4. Farewell to Whiskey / The Dark Girl
5. Tom Billy's
6. Dan O'Keeffe's
7. O'Rahilly's Grave
8. Seanbhean na gCartaí / Tom Billy’s
9. The Ballydesmond Polkas
10. The Blackbird
11. The Lady on the Island / Callaghan's
12. The Munster Jig / Munster Buttermilk
13. Knocknaboul Polkas
14. Johnny When You Die / Anything for John-Joe
15. An Raibh tú ag an gCarraig
16. Padraic O'Keeffe's / The Scartaglen Jig
17. The Fisherman’s
18. The Galtee Rangers / The Glentaun Reel
19. Caoine Uí Dhonaill
20. The Star Above the Garter / The Lisheen Slide
Be the first to know about new releases, exclusive offers and special discounts.